Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Relief

My exams are done. Phew!

It's weird, now that I don't have to worry about studying or any other school-related obligations, what will I do with my free time? Here are a few options:

1. Sleep
2. Read, for fun.
3. Catch up on TV shows
4. Sleep
5. Spend quality time with my family
6. Reunite with my friends from high school
7. Sleep
8. Write
9. Not worry about putting forth effort to look presentable
10. Sleep

Notice how many times I've mentioned sleep?

It doesn't sound like an exciting break, but a break is exactly what I need. I miss Leelanau County and Leelanau County misses me. Don't get me wrong, I love staying busy with school and being involved in extra-curriculars, and I love Grand Rapids with all my heart. But every now and then, I need to take time to just be myself. No obligations, no meetings, no classes, no worries. Everyone is entitled to a day of rest, even the Bible says so.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  ~ Matthew 11: 28-29

.