Monday, September 10, 2012

The good and bad news

Let's start with the bad news: I'm wearing my thumb splint again :(
Turns out, I never tore two muscles in my thumb, it's been sprained this entire time!!!!! Ugh, I really wish I knew this two months ago, especially since that was when this whole mess first started. I'm wearing this lovely thing for 2-3 weeks, and I have to sit out of my ceramics class, which was my favorite class!

Now the good news. I won a photo contest! It was for the Better Business Bureau serving Western Michigan. I won a 3 night stay at a Michigan Hotel! and I also won a 1 night stay in Gun Lake, Michigan for being a finalist! Below is the photo that won:
This is from my dad's cherry/apple farm in Northport, Michigan. Contrary to popular belief, these are actually apple blossoms! They have more of a pink tint, but both kinds of blossoms are my favorite. I was so thrilled to see my photo being featured on their Facebook page as well. Maybe I should've gone to school for photography? Nah, but I'll keep pursuing photography :)