Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Favorites of Fall

Technically fall doesn't start until Saturday, but with the recent weather change, it feels like fall to me. It's my favorite season of the year! Of course every season has their perks, fall is my favorite. Here's why:
1. Fall Colors: I love it when the leaves change! It's just something about the transition from warm weather to cooler weather that always get me in a cheery mood. Maybe it's because of growing up in Leelanau County, with all the different activities, such as apple picking, carving pumpkins, football games, corn mazes, playing in the leaves, etc.
2. Fall Foods: Apples and Pumpkins! You would expect this from the daughter of an apple farmer. There are so many fall foods that I crave at this time of the year: chili, apple cider, apple crisp and apple pie, pumpkin spice lattes, you name it!
3. Fall Apparel: Time to break out the scarves, hats, and boots! Not to mention sweaters and gloves too. I love fall apparel, it looks so cozy and warm. Another favorite part, the start of layering!
4. Art Prize:
The is the largest art contest voted by the public, and it's right in Grand Rapids, Michigan! Just a few blocks away from AQ. My freshman year at AQ, one of the art professors, Chris LaPorte, won the grand prize! And this year, my friend Tatiana entered her own piece. It's impossible to see all of Art Prize, but any part is worth seeing in my opinion, especially in Downtown GR.