Sunday, May 20, 2012

The newest family member

It's been about a month or so since my dog Mac passed away. My other dog Maggie was so lonely; she needed a new friend.

Welcome to the family Tiana! Her original name was Akira, but I couldn't remember that and kept calling her other names that weren't Akira. Besides, with a new family, she deserved a new name. She's a four year old Black Lab Mix, and a big one at that!
I felt so awful for the family who gave her away. The wife recently got divorced after her husband left her and their 13 year old daughter. They couldn't afford their house anymore, and all of the apartments in the area only allow small dogs (trust me, this is far from a small dog!)
My thoughts are prayers this week will go to this family, they've been through hell and back. However, I'm grateful for the newest member of our family! She has so much energy and I look forward to spending time with her this summer :)