Thursday, May 3, 2012

The rest is still unwritten

It's so close to summer! Only one final left :)
What does my summer entail? Well, summer classes, working at Roman Wheel, and of course, Africa! However, the rest is still unwritten. I've been playing my Itunes on constant repeat until my finals are done. My recent addiction, Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield.
 There are some particular lyrics that have been stuck in my head.
"Can't read my mind, i'm undefined"
"Today is when your book begins, the rest is still unwritten"
"We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way"
This really describes my life right now. I feel like I always have to be perfect, but no one is perfect. And God wouldn't want it any other way. Everyone is planning their lives, whether it's grad school, marriage, or who knows what. I have ideas, but I know better that life doesn't always turn out the way it should.
I feel like after going to Africa, it will be the major turning point in my life.Yeah, high school graduation was kind of a mildstone too, but honestly I didn't care, I was happy to get the heck out of there!
I can't believe I only have three days until I go to Africa. Many have been asking if I'll update my Facebook or my blog while I'm there. Unfortunately my Internet connection will be quite spotty, but when I get back, I plan to blog about each day as if it just happened. I can't wait to share my adventures in Africa and actually experience them for myself! Who knows what will happen, I mean the ending is unplanned :)