Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Don't worry 'bout a thing

It's only Tuesday and I already want to chuck my books into the nearest fireplace. Why can't it be summer? It doesn't help I've been listening to country music while studying, which makes me want summer even more!
One song in particular is "Don't Worry 'Bout a Thing" by SheDaisy. It's an older song, but I use to love this band when I was growing up.


The lyrics really spoke to me, because my life recently has felt like a big rollercoaster, with many ups and downs. My favorite part is the chorus:

"Life is funny, life's a mess
Sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing
Don't worry 'bout a thing, don't worry 'bout it
Life gets sticky, life can bruise
Sometimes you win sometimes your losing
No matter what it brings
Don't worry 'bout a thing"

This just makes me want summer even more! Just drive around in my car, windows down, not a care in the world. I know life can be tough, but sometimes you just need a break from it all, and for me that's what summer means.