Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Classes & New Glasses


I started my summer class yesterday. Let’s just say it’ll be a battle to pass and stay sane this summer……
First off, I had to get up at 6:00 am! I mean, it’s hard enough getting up at 8:00 am on a normal day. And keep in mind; I have to drive about 45 minutes just to get anywhere where I live. It’s awful. Either I need to get more money to buy better coffee, learn to drink it black and cheap, or give up caffeine. There’s not enough in the world that can keep me alive this early.
Luckily my best friend from high school is taking the class with me. There are some, um, interesting people in this class that’s for sure. I met two other students I like so far: Daniel and Molly. The professor decided to “pretend” to be a student before class started, and asked us very random questions about the class. It took a little while to put two and two together, but it was WAY early for me. Besides, Aquinas has a lot of older students in their Continuing Education program and I’m use to having older students in class anyway. The sad part is, most of yesterday morning is already a blur, you can tell I’m not a morning person…….
I don’t know what to think of the class so far. Part of me thinks it’ll be easier than it sounds, but the labs are mostly math and reading, which putting both together are my downfall. It almost seems like since I haven’t had a class this easy in a long time that it’ll be hard to adjust to; I might be over-analyzing it. Another reason is because we mostly talk about the environment and my professor has some strong viewpoints that I don’t seem to agree with, especially after visiting Africa recently. I’m trying to hold my tongue, but part of me just wants to get through this class to the best of my ability. Besides, it’s only community college; it’s not even worth it. 
On the plus side, I got my new glasses today! It’s literally been about three years, and I forgot what it’s like to have a nicer pair of glasses again. I honestly love them! I've recently loved incorporating black into more of my outfits and accessories, but also there's some brown in my glasses too, so it'll be easier to match them to my outfits. Maybe I'll actually start wearing more than I have been.....