Thursday, June 21, 2012

Top of the World

Lately due to the warm weather (okay, maybe warm is an understatement, try muggy, hot, and miserable!) my hometown has had a ton of thunderstorms. I've been getting into photography a lot this summer, and I decided to capture the storm before it hit. I was inspired after seeing this photo on M22's Facebook page:

I've decided that this summer I want to take more pictures. I keep saying this, but I never commit. Last year I did take more photos, but that was because I was actually going places and seeing more things.
Being in Leelanau County every summer I usually take for granted. Seeing as this will be my last summer here for a while, I want to remember it. I want to see the real beauty of this area just for the heck of it! I keep seeing these amazing photos of Leelanau County on Facebook and Twitter and I'm thinking, "Hey, I can take shots like that. So why am I not?"
Anyway, enough of me rambling, here are pictures from the storm: