Monday, July 16, 2012

Thanks for making me a fighter

It's been nearly two weeks since my last post, and I'm sorry for that. One thing I hate about being up north is the lack of Internet. But, there's also another reason as to why I haven't been updating as much:

Ta-Dah! This is the result of a car accident I was in last Monday on my way home from classes. My car didn't take it too well, and I haven't been able to work. I finally figured out why my thumb was so swollen: I tore two of the three muscles that are in your thumb. (Keep in mind I'm right-handed and I hurt my right hand. Bummer.)
I will admit, it could've been a lot worse. Nothing caught on fire and no one was bleeding, which my dad calls a good day. But, let's be honest, it sucks! I never realized how truly grateful it is to have working thumbs. They're very useful and you don't realize this until you lose the ability to use yours.
And even with this horrific incident, my week didn't get any better. I kept getting bad news after bad news, had to deal with a crazy tourist family, broke my Itouch, and I was almost locked out of my new house!
 Flashback: who did you like better growing up, Christina or Brittney? I personally liked Brittney, but as I got older, I became more of a Christina fan. This is probably my favorite song by her, and has been getting me through [what is safe to say] one of the worst weeks of my life.

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter


It felt like God was testing me this week, trying to see the brighter things in life, as well as make me realize how lucky I am right now. You think I'd despise him, but in the end, I want to thank you Lord, because you made me that much stronger. ♥

Tionana

~ Jenn