Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic Fever

This will be my first official year following the Olympics 24/7. I've caught clips of events usually each year, but I want to fully immerse myself this year. I got to visit London before the Olympics started, but I wish I could be there right now!
Some of these sports I find a little ridiculous, such as synchronized diving and rhythmic gymnastics, but these "athletes" are much closer than I am to winning an Olympic Medal.
There are a few sports I'm looking forward to:
Women's Boxing
Claressa Shields of Flint, Michigan. She's 17 and I'm rooting for her all the way!
 Women's Table Tennis Singles
Ariel Hsing of San Jose, California. She's 16, and originally I didn't consider table tennis a sport. She knows how to get your attention while playing, and has a few celebrity fans, such as Bill Gates!
 Women's Indoor Volleyball:
It's volleyball, what's not to love?
Women's Gymnastics:
Big fan of gymnastics, I really wish I could do those flips and stunts they do!
Soccer:
My recent love for soccer, both men's and women's, is pretty self-explanatory.
Part of my fascination with the Olympics this year is the idea of being part of a team.I played a lot of sports in high school [volleyball, basketball, and softball]. I also play intramural sports in college, such as volleyball and soccer. While I may no longer be part of a school team, I still love sports and will continue to support my love of them from the stands and in front of the television. USA all the way!

Tionana,

Jenn