Sunday, July 1, 2012

Time is Love

Since it is officially summer, that means my love for country music is evident! No matter what, Kenny Chesney's "Summertime" is on my playlist each summer. I have a pair of cheap shades on hand, a spirit of adventure, and, as of the end of this summer, possibly a tattoo.......
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy country music and try to relax like most of the songs tell us to do and enjoy life. Unfortunately, with my summer class and trying to save up for college by working, it doesn't really feel like summer. It's funny; usually by the time finals are done I'm ready for summer, and about two weeks into summer I wanna go back!
At this point, I feel like my time should be spent elsewhere, but luckily I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've been talking with my friends recently, both from college and high school, and they totally agree with me! They're ready to go back to school and see their friends again.
As I mentioned last week, I went to a Josh Turner concert, and his current single on the radio "Time is Love" definitely sums up what I'm feeling right now.
Honestly, how can you not agree with that face? Especially when he smiles!
I feel the exact same way right now; I gotta make money while I still can, but I don't want to spend all of my hours of free time on the clock. There's a point when you need to think about your future, but also to cherish your friendships and family by being able to spend time with them.
Does anyone else kinda feel like they're in a rut? Maybe it's just me, and every college kid in America right now......