Monday, January 16, 2012

My new addiction to Pinterest

I found this recipe via Pinterest (my newest guilty pleasure) for the Ultimate Chocolate Cookie & Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar. Here's the link:
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html
This got me thinking that, not only am I hungry, but it's definitely a gateway to my heart: a man who can cook/bake and loves to eat.

I'm currently part of the production staff for a play called "Arab/Israeli Cookbook" and there's this one line that sums me up perfectly: I enjoy making good food. I enjoy eating good food. The point of the play revolves around the conflict on the Gaza Strip in the Middle East. But even through their differences they have one thing in common: they eat good food.
Of course most of my cooking skills include Ramen and pizzas, but I'm working on expanding my cooking and baking ability. I just need more time and to be less stressed.
My personal favorite recipe at the moment is my mom's cookie bar recipe. Basically it's cake batter and chocolate chips, but it tastes sooooo good! I made them as Christmas presents for my friends at college and they loved them! I'll post the recipe as soon as I can copy it to my computer.
But it's more about the food itself. It's about showing someone you care enough about them that you're willing to spend extra time making them something special rather than just buying them something.