Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11

Lately I've been evaluating my life and what the future has in store for me. I feel like I'm so behind compared to everyone else. It seems like I was missing on that one day when everyone decided what they wanted to do with their life.

One of my friends told me, "You need to actually decide on what you want to do with your life or you could continue to work at Roman Wheel for the rest of your life."
First thought: ouch, harsh. It felt like a b*tch slap to the face. I know for a fact that I don't want to work there for the rest of my life. But, I thought about it, and the reason she said it was to get me to stop freaking out. I know what I DON'T want to do with my life, so that's a start right?
I just turned in my papers to declare my major today. It felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders. I'm still not sure what I want to do exactly, but at least I'm going in an actual direction. And if worse comes to worse, I'll go back to school. I actually like school and I like learning, which is probably why I've had such a hard time deciding what I should do with my life. But luckily God knows what's in store for me, and I need to learn to trust him.