Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Will There Be Quidditch?


Today I had another meeting about Malawi, and it's really starting to sink in that I will actually be going in May. I just found out where will be going on our way there and when we're there (tentatively). We'll have a long layover unfortunately, but it's in, none other than, London England! We'll also be stopping in Chicago (which I've never been there before, hard to believe) and Kenya.
London doesn't sound nearly as exciting as Malawi or other well-known cities, but I'm excited. I've been looking at images of London, and dreaming of riding a double decker bus, getting my picture taken at a red telephone booth, and visiting the palace and Big Ben for the longest time. We'll be going just a few months before the 2012 summer olympics start, and honestly how often will I get to visit London in my lifetime? I especially want to go to King Cross Station and get my picture taken at Platform 9 3/4. I'm working on a traveling bucket list right now, and once I can actually afford to go places, I want to see the world. I've been living in the same area my whole life, and I didn't travel too far for my college education. I've only been outside of the timezone once in my life, and I've never been to the ocean. I have traveled and been out of the country (does Canada count?), but I want to see what else is out there. I took a World Regional Geography course last year, and seeing and learning about these different cultures was a real eye-opener. I want to see the world for myself. I love where I live don't get me wrong, but I want to see what else is out there.