Monday, February 6, 2012

Three months and counting

I've realized that I haven't been posting as much about Malawi as I should be. Shame on me! This officially begins the countdown until I go to Malawi, which is three months!!!!! Oh, and I found out we're possibly stopping in London, England, and Johannesburg, South Africa, on our way there. I've met the other girls back in January and we've been planning what exactly we want to do in Malawi, as well as learn of the pre-cautions we need to take (i.e. shots and anti-malaira pills, yippie).
We had to send an itinerary to our professor, Dr. Mboko, about what exactly we want to do in Malawi, when it suddenly hit me: I don't know what I want to do in Malawi!
I know that I want to go, so that's a good start. Everyone else had great ideas about helping out at a hospital, visiting the capital, and working with children at a nearby school. I feel that what I want most of this trip is to market Malawi.
Since this is the first year this program is starting, I want to make it well-known for those who potentially apply next year. Whether it's a Facebook page, my blog, or numerous fundraisers, even though I have no idea what I want to do when I get there, I want others to know what we're doing.
So, if you see this logo floating around Aquinas, you know that AQMalawi is preparing our visit in May and we would love your support and donations in anyway as we prepare to travel in May!