Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 Canine Commandments

I received some terrible news today: my dog Mac who's had arthritis for a few years was put to sleep this morning. He couldn't even stand up. My family first got him in 2007 when one of my classmates couldn't keep their dog anymore. My family adopted Mac and he became a part of the family just like that.
Despite his size, he was kind of a sissy and not the brightest dog out there, but still loveable. It's one of those relationships where you can complain about your animal, but if anyone else does then it's totally uncalled for. I keep seeing all these pictures of dogs online, and while they're so adorable, they make me miss my collie even more. :(
Here are the 10 Canine Commandments I found online today. It really made me appreciate my dogs  and how they've been with me pretty much through it all. Yes I said dog as plural, because I still have one dog at home, Maggie; she's not exactly a puppy, even though she thinks she is. I'm not sure how much longer she'll be with my family, but I know not to take her for granted and to continue to love her like she loves me.
Rest in Peace Mac, you were a great family dog and coming home will never be the same without you. ♥