Sunday, April 1, 2012

Africa is a continent if you're a geographer

Happy Palm Sunday! And Happy April Fool's Day. Can you believe it's already April? Lent has gone by so fast. Not that I'm complaining, I decided to give up coffee realizing that being more empathetic wasn't enough.

I get to go home this weekend, and I'm bringing my friend Rachel home with me, since she's technically my mom's unofficial second daughter and it only makes sense she comes home for Easter. I just realized that this will probably the last time I will see my family (meaning grandparents, aunts, cousins, etc.) before I go to Africa. It really hit me when I realized this. I won't have the luxury of having my parents send me off in the airport, but they will be visiting the weekend before I leave for me to say goodbye. And as usual they're just a phone call away.
But luckily I have these lovely research papers/finals/presentations to keep me occupied until I actually leave. Thank heavens for Whose Line is it Anyway for reminding to laugh during these stressful days. My personal favorite clip I've shared below, when the host Drew Carey lets slip that Africa is a "country" rather than a continent.