Monday, April 9, 2012

Travel List Challenge

27 days left! It's flying by soooooo fast. And speaking of flying, I've been searching pretty much anything and everything related to traveling online these days. I've also been talking with people who have traveled abroad previously to get tips from them. One of them was my chiropractor who traveled to India: he told me to practice showering with my mouth closed. The reason why is because even though the water is clean enough to shower, it might not be safe enough to drink. You'd be surprised how often your mouth is open in the shower.

I stumbled to the Travel List Challenge on Facebook. I wasn't surprised that some made the list, and some I've never even heard of were on this list. I've been to 4 out of 100 on this list, but I want to go to more! I've split up the list into my own three lists: where I've actually been, where I'll be able to hopefully visit when I travel in May, and where I want to eventually travel to.

Where I've Been:
1. Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C.
2. Walt Disney World, Orlando Florida
3. Washington Monument, Washington D.C.
4. Whitehouse, Washington D.C.
Visit in May:
1. Big Ben, England
2. British Museum, England
3. Winchester Cathedral, England
4. White Cliffs of Dover, England
5. Victoria Falls, Zambia

Where I want to Travel:
1. Angel Falls, Venezuela
2. Cathedral of Seville, Spain
3. Cinque Terre National Pary, Italy
4. Crater Lake National Park, Utah
5. Edinburgh Castle, Scotland
6. Eiffel Tower, France
7. Empire State Building, New York
8. Gateway Arch, Missouri
9. Glowworm Cave, New Zealand
10. Golden Gate Bridge, California
11. Grand Canal, Italy
12. Grand Canyon, Arizona
13. Great Barrier Reeg, Australia
14. Great Wall of China, China
15. Iguazu Falls, Argentina and Brazil
16. Macchu Picchu, Peru
17. Niagara Falls, New York
18. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
19. Sagrada Familia, Spain
20. Taj Mahal, India

And the list of where I want to visit goes on and on and on. I really want to see the world, as hopefully it shows by how many different places I want to eventually travel too. I think what shocked me the most about my results is how little I've been able to travel in the United States! I figured that would be the easiest ones to see.