Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rain rain stay away

I will be leaving for the weekend on a bike trip to a nearby town called Rockford. This will be the second year I've done Arete, which  is an annual bike retreat possible through Aquinas College. Arete means excellence of any kind or being the best you can be.


Peace. Love. Arete. ♥
Unfortunately, the weather report says that it will rain and thunderstorm for most of the trip. This isn't exactly a good thing since we're biking nearly 42 miles this weekend. So, in reassurance for nice weather, I hung a rosary on one of the trees outside of my apartment. This tradition helps reassure nice weather for the next couple of days. My mom told me about this tradition (I believe it's a Catholic tradition, which ironically she heard this idea from a Protestant) and we used this when my brothers and I had our high school graduation parties. (needless to say it worked!)


So, if you're on Aquinas' campus and see a random rosary hanging from a tree, there is a valid reason why it is there so please don't take it down. If you are in need a sunny day to come your way, remember this trick :)