Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Cab Day

Happy Sunday! Trust me, this was a much needed day of rest. After staying up until about 6:30 am this morning, my parents coming down to move nearly half of my belongings home, and IM Soccer tournament, I'm exhausted. On the plus side, our team won the championship! It was a good start to what will be a very long week due to exams and my excitement for leaving for Africa. In addition to the fact that it's one week until I leave for Africa, it's also The second annual The Cab Day. It's the four year anniversary of the release of their first album, Whisper War. Calling all fans of The Cab! The band has overcome so much this past year, such as getting dropped by their label and releasing their sophomore album, Symphony Soldier, independently. This is a day to celebrate.
 
I first heard of this band last summer. I went to an All Time Low concert and they were one of the bands traveling with them. I thought they were okay at first, but I truly fell in love with them last fall, when they appeared in Grand Rapids as a part of Art Prize. They are very loyal to their fans, even staying after their show to meet their fans. My friends and I were so giddy after meeting them. It was a little embarrassing, but can you blame me?
If you've never heard of this band, go check them out right now! Some of my favorite songs by them include (but not limited to):
Angel with a Shotgun
La La
Bounce
Vegas Skies
I'll Run
Intoxicated
Endlessly
Temporary Bliss
Can you Keep a Secret?