Wednesday, March 28, 2012

39 Days

Only 39 days until I will be on Malawi soil (as well as England and Kenya soil). It's so close I'm getting so nervous and excited. So I started singing a song called Nervous But Excited (props for those who know where that quote is from). I have my prescription for malaria (prevention, trust me no one wants malaria) and I'm getting my typhoid and yellow fever shots on Thursday. I think the thing I'm most afraid of is well, my fears. I'm terrified of two things the most: snakes and heights.

I heard that Africa has a lot of snakes, but that I can't control. However, for heights, I think that will be a bigger challenge. I haven't been on a plane since a few months before 9/11 happened. And I was only 9 at the time, so it's been nearly 10 years since I've been on a plane.
I found this great website that has an infograph on how to travel on a plane and stay healthy, safe, and less stressed. Plane Travel The Healthy Way provides advice on things like: what to pack, what to wear, how to prepare, what to do while you're on the plane, how to prevent the effects of jet lag, and post-flight. My personal favorite is what to do if there are snakes on a plane, that would be my luck right? My two worst fears combined into one.....