Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blueberry French Toast Sandwich

I'm back at college! Only 8 more weeks left until I'm officially half-way through my college career. Scary right? I'm not that old but it sure feels like it, especially since I'm signing my first lease for my first house this week for next year. I'm beyond excited to move off campus with some great friends.

While on break, I discovered a recipe from Bluewillow Blog for a Blueberry French Toast Sandwich.

Their version I tried to re-create
Blueberry French Toast Sandwich
This is a yummy and easy breakfast. Try it..you will be hooked!
  • 1 3 oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1- 1/2 tbl confectioner sugar
  • 1 package (12 oz) frozen french toast slices
  • 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
In a small bowl mix cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
Heat french toast according to directions. Spread cream cheese on one side of bread, add blueberries, top with other slice. Garnish with extra blueberries and confectioner sugar if desired.

My attempt at this recipe
Due to being snowed in last week, I had to improvise with ingredients. I used frozen Eggo waffles instead of French Toast, but they still tasted great! A few days later I experimented with bagels and strawberry cream cheese. It's a very versatile recipe that can be used practically with any breakfast food like bagels, waffles, etc., cream cheese, and fruit! The sugar really takes some of the tart-ness out of the cream cheese and tastes delicious. Enjoy this recipe and let me know if you've found other tasty variations!