Thursday, March 1, 2012

What does Shutterstyle even mean?

Good evening! As you're reading this realize that I'm finally back home! It's been two months since I've been home, and how I've missed it so......

So what does Shutterstyle mean? Naturally, I used Google to learn more about this phrase and see if anyone had patented it, luckily the name was up for grabs! I thought of this phrase out of sheer boredom because at one point I wanted to start my own photography business. I didn't want to use my own name, how cliche right? I wanted it to have meaning. I'm also a big fan of Photoshop and Picnik (I'm still trying to figure out how I'll survive when Picnik shuts down in April, I mean look at the lovely picture I made down below thanks to Picnik...)
Since I love photography, I was thinking of different parts of the camera that could work, and I thought of it: shutter. The shutter is a camera part that opens and closes that controls how much light is let in for a photograph. I love photography and wanted to incorporate it in my life. My dad was the one who first introduced me to photography, since he was an avid photographer growing up.


Now the second part of my title: Style. I'm very artistic and creative. I make my own jewelry, I paint, I sketch, I love pottery, etc. It's funny because no one knows which side of my family I got this from. I'm the more girly one in my family, but that's also probably because other than me, the only other girl is my mom. Anyway, I won't sacrifice cost or comfort in order to look good. I'm usually a stickler for prices, and find cheaper alternative ways to change my look rather than buying a completely new wardrobe (like scarves, man do I love scarves!). Style can define a person, while some of the terms such as Bohemian Chic or stuff like that don't fit me, do I define my own style. Which is what this blog does: it helps define me.