Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Break? More Like Christmas Break.....

Hooray for Internet access! It’s been three days I think since I was last online. Let me tell you it’s been the longest three days of my life. Now why haven’t I been online? Too busy? Traveled to somewhere warm and sunny? Not quite. Blame the Winter Blast of 2012. 


For those who’ve been living under a rock for the past weekend, there has been bad weather throughout the United States. Tornadoes, snow storms, you name it. I came home for Spring Break, but it feels more like Christmas. On Friday night my area received nearly 2 feet of snow, and was under a state of emergency. No one was allowed on the roads, power was out everywhere. Phone lines and trees were down, and it was a miracle I had cell reception and my family has a generator. It was horrible, it felt like we were under house arrest, and I forgot how to keep myself entertained without using the Internet. So I spent most of the day watching TV and reading “The Hunger Games” trilogy. 

But my family and I had it lucky and I shouldn’t be complaining. We were one of the first families to get power back, we stocked up on groceries before the grocery stores lost power, and still had power thanks to our generator. Most of the areas still have no power, and for the areas that were hit by tornadoes, they have it much worse. Snow is nothing compared to how strong the tornadoes were this weekend. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are still in need of somewhere warm and no longer have a place to call home. Below are some of the pictures I took of how much snow we got at my house:









So. Much. Snow.