Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Very Potter Workout

I've been trying to get in better shape lately, not necessarily dieting but staying active. The only problem is that I can't run because it bothers my knees and ankles too much (thank you high school sports) and usually I don't have the motivation to work out anyway. I was on Pinterest the other day and I stumbled onto this beauty:



My friends and I used this to work out to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" last week, and yesterday we worked out to "Chamber of Secrets". We decided to modify it for Chamber of Secrets, such as when someone mentions mudblood, spiders are seen/mentioned, someone is petrified, etc.
I know what you're thinking: does this actually work? Trust me, it does. You don't notice the results right away (then again I'm only on the second movie) but you definitely feel it the next day. Right now my things are killing me because of the squats and the jumping jacks (I know, jumping jacks, but if you do 130 in a row like I did then you'll understand) and my abs are, well, starting to actually show.
We're creating a new workout regimine for each movie; I'm working on Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows Part 1. It's my friends Rachel, Marissa, Tatiana, and I that are working on this project. It was funny because I went to church on Sunday and the priest mentioned "Voldemort" and my friend Kathy who knew about our workout whispered to me "10 crunches, someone mentioned Voldemort".
How's it scheduled is perfect because we work out to one movie once a week, and by the time we're done, it'll be the end of the semester when Rachel and I go to Africa!