Monday, March 19, 2012

Aquinas College Unveiling

Last night the Aquinas Theater Department revealed their 2012-2013 Theater Season. Even though I'm not a theater major I'm still active in the theater community as much as I can.
Whether it's being an actor for directing classes, helping out backstage, being an active member in Bravo, or being an usher for shows, I want to stay involved and keep theater as something I love for the rest of my life even though I don't plan on being an actress.
Aquinas will be putting on four shows: three plays and one musical. The season looks amazing and I can't wait to hopefully audition for some of these shows!
1. Amadeus
Based on the rivalry of Mozart and Salieri, I watched the film in my Humanities class, which the film is based on the screenplay in 1979.

2. Reckless

A dark comedy about an optimistic women who has to leave her house on Christmas Eve. There's a film based off this play from 1995.

3. Chicago

Aquinas got the rights for Chicago! Need I say more?

4. Hotel Cassiopeia

Written by Charless Mee. I couldn't find much information on this play, I've never heard of it before it was announced last night.

Come to Aquinas College next year to see these amazing shows! I hope to be involved in either Chicago or Reckless :)