Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tattoo?

I want to get a tattoo. For me, it's not just about the artwork, it's about the meaning behind the artwork.
Most people I talk with about me getting a tattoo think I'm going to chicken out. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll chicken out until I'll get there and make the decision myself, but don't judge what I can or can't do when even I haven't figured it out for myself!Another thing that has been stopping me is my potential career. I want to get hired, but I want to be able to express myself at the same time. Obviously my tattoo won't be that noticeable, but I also want to be able to show it off at the right time. I also want to get them at special times so that they're more memorable.
But there are two possible designs I want to get this year:
1. White Waves: when parents look through those baby name books to try and find the perfect name for a child usually the name has a meaning. For Jennifer, mine has two meanings: Whites Waves and Fair Phantom. I want this to be my first one.
2. Malawi: I want to get a tattoo that I can remember for my amazing trip to Malawi. Obviously I won't get it while I'm there, but I want to get something (maybe an elephant with Malawi inside?) that I can look at and remember the wonderful time I had abroad. I think this will be my second one either when I get back from Malawi or for my 21st birthday. These two tattoos are how I got the idea: