Sunday, August 19, 2012

At summer's end: to new beginnings

It has been exactly 3 months since I've returned from Africa, and now that Orientation training has officially started, it's safe to say my summer is officially over. A lot can happen in 3 months, which became very evident this summer.
In the past 3 months, the following things have happened to me:
  • got my nose pierced
  • got two wonderful new dogs: Tia and Sampson
  • my brother Mike and his girlfriend visited Michigan, & this was the first time I saw him since Christmas
  • got a new car, then got in an accident with said car a month later
  • tore two muscles in my thumb
  • visited many AQ friends
  • traveled all over Michigan
  • I won a photo contest for the Better Business Bureau cover photo contest and won a getaway to Gun Lake, Michigan
  • took a biology course at community college
  • I finished my last summer at Roman Wheel
  • I went to Africa!
This summer will definitely be memorable for me. Not because of the typical summer memories like bonfires, beach days, etc. It was the little things that I never realized I was so lucky to have in my life, like seeing my mom when I got back from Africa, watching my dogs play with each other, being able to see people this summer that I truly cared about.

But all good things must come to an end, but that's not always a bad thing. This can open up to new opportunities for even greater things to come into the picture. As for me, I have a wonderful Orientation partner, great housemates for the year, new classes with familiar faces, a stage manager position for the children's traveling show at my college, and figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life. To new beginnings!

Tionana,

Jenn