Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not According to Plan

I'm done with summer school! Sweet freedom!
Er, sortof.

I start my fall semester in about three weeks, which will be a nice break in the meantime. I'm looking forward to being in Grand Rapids again, to see my friends, study (yeah I know, weird right?), and be in the city I love.
Originally, I thought I was going to be in Grand Rapids this summer. Instead, I got to do something much cooler: Africa. I also thought I was going to be done working at Roman Wheel last year. Wrong.
My point is, a lot of things have happened to me in one year that I didn't think were going to happen, as well as many things that I wanted to happen that didn't. This also relates to what I thought I wanted to do in the future, which I'm still not sure. Like I said, I have a general idea, but I'm willing to try new things and keep my mind open.
Another recent example happened tonight. I was suppose to go to the airport to pick up my brother Mike who's coming to visit for the weekend (which I'm beyond excited since I haven't seen him since Christmas or met his girlfriend yet). However, he missed his flight and won't arrive until tomorrow morning.
But everything is going to turn out okay when he comes home tomorrow morning. In the end, as long as you have an open mind and don't expect things to go as planned, God will guide you along the way.

Tionana,

Jenn