Sunday, August 26, 2012

Love where you live

8/24/12

It's the 2nd day of Orientation, and it's starting to kick in that I'm sleep deprived. Oh well, I have all of Sunday to catch up on sleep anyway.
Today's theme was overall wellness and reaching out to the community. This was the 19th year our school has done Project Unite, which is when different Orientation groups do service projects all over the Grand Rapids area. Some of these projects include: Kid's Food Basket, elementary schools, Marywood, etc.

@jnnfrklchk: Project Unite day! Ready to color for Kids Food Basket

@macattack616: So ready to get out and serve the Aquinas and Grand Rapids Community. Project Unite 2012!



After Project Unite, we got to go to a West Michigan Whitecaps game! I love baseball, and it's been a while since I went to the Whitecaps. It was a great way to bound with some of my Orientees, as well as get to know my OL partner Chris a little better. I also got to meet one of the freshman who has my old room from freshman year!

@SaraBouwkamp: Ball game!

@jnnfrklchk: I met a girl who has my old room from freshman year!